Wednesday, July 27, 2011

[frozen-assets] Re: Crockpot Meatloaf

 

I have several in the freezer right now and I like the fact that I can either put it in the crock or choose to cook it in the oven. My experience with putting it into the crock frozen solid has been great. Now that its summer I want to have something ready to eat that does not heat up the kitchen when I walk in the door from a hard day in the garden. This works great. I've not had trouble with extra liquid. There is a bit of juice at the bottom, but only a few tablespoons or so.

I would just advise that it can over cook, so if you are using a small or medium sized crock pot, check it after about 5 hours. I use both low and high settings, sometimes starting out low, then turning it to high if its not cooking fast enough, or vice versa depending on the time I put it in. I do recommend some time at high to kill anything that might have had a chance to multiply as it goes from frozen to thawed to cooking.

That said, I have a few small crocks that only have one setting, which seems kinda high and I use those as well, as I make small meatloaves (about the size of a small canteloupe) for just us three and sometimes two.

I've never thawed the meatloaf to cook in the traditional way, nor tried it from frozen in the traditional way, the crock pot is so much easier and carefree for me. Hope that helps!

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
-------------------------------------------
      Tupperware(R) Online Catalog
Same great products - online convenience!
http://my2.tupperware.com/tup-html/D/debihough-product.html
-------------------------------------------
Official "Frozen Assets" Home Page
http://frozenassets.wordpress.com/
-------------------------------------------

**** snip (remove) Yahoo footers below when replying*****

-------------------------------------------
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Mister Colibri Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus News Noticias da TV Artesanato Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Education Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Internet Car Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Variedade Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Car net Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos Matilde futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos cronicasdoimaginario downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario