I don't roast the thick slabs because we prefer the thinner slices, but the
technique is the same.
Set your oven for 350 degrees. Lay the slices of bacon out on a cookie sheet
with sides.
I check mine at 20 minutes (with the thicker slabs you could probably do it at
30 minutes) and drain the grease. I usually return mine to the oven for another
10-15 minutes because we like crisp bacon. The thick slabs will take a little
longer - how much longer will depend on the crispness you prefer.
I store 2 different ways. I have a rectangular plastic storage container that
is just the right length for the bacon. If I'm doing several pounds, that is
what I use and it goes in the chest freezer. If I'm just doing a single pound,
I lay the slices on a length of several paper towels, roll it up, and slip it
into a gallon ziplock bag. This goes into the above the fridge freezer. I make
sure I have a space for it that will assure it doesn't get squished.
________________________________
From: Pamela <Punknpoco@aol.com>
Can someone give me instructions on the items below:
Oven temperature settings
Pan types
Roasting time
Storage for freezer
I want to know specifics for doing these things with thick bacon. It will be a
help not to have to do them stovetop whenever you want a few slices.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Tupperware(R) Online Catalog
Same great products - online convenience!
http://my2.tupperware.com/tup-html/D/debihough-product.html
-------------------------------------------
Official "Frozen Assets" Home Page
http://frozenassets.wordpress.com/
-------------------------------------------
**** snip (remove) Yahoo footers below when replying*****
-------------------------------------------
No comments:
Post a Comment